Re: Low-Cost Tablet PC suitable for Debian

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 12:39:39PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> I am searching for my farm works an inexpensive (In the summer
> it is so dusty here, that nothing realy survive, including my
> ThinkPad T400 from which I have bought 6 pieces and currently
> using the 3rd one) TabletPC 10-12".
>
> However, all 10" TabletPC I have found on AlibabaExpress are nice,
> IF YOU ARE SATISFAIT WITH ANDROID!

You might look at Chromebooks. They can be found for tablet prices, and all
of them can easily run Debian in a tab within ChromeOS using Crouton. (Also
Ubuntu.) Setup for me took under 30 minutes. You can even have separate
sandboxed (chrooted) instances of Debian and/or Ubuntu for different
purposes. You could even simultaneously run Android, ChromeOS, and Debian
applications.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read John Grant's book, Corrupted Science: http://a.co/9UsUoGu