Re: Low-Cost Tablet PC suitable for Debian

Am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2018, 11:39:39 CET schrieb Michelle Konzack:
Must it be a tablet? Same size are netbooks (like my EEEPC), with complete
support of debian, a real keyboard and a light weight.

Do not expect a tablet running debian as fast as Android, as Android is very
special software with very, very special code for the hardware.

Lots of functions are done by the hardware itself (I mean, the computing does
the hardware itself) and not down by Android, where in debian this is all
missing.

Tablets are just gadgets (IMHO) and not be usable for real work. However, if
your work is "surfing, mailing, WhatsApp and playing multimedia", then tablets
are fine. If you need more, IMHO a netbook is more senseful.

Just my opinion.....

Best

Hans