Re: Progress (was: Re: Recommendation for Virtual Machine and Instructions to set it up?)

Hey, that's not fair -- you answered my question before I even asked it! ;-)
But I included my findings below

On Friday, December 07, 2018 02:32:13 PM Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 01:47:44PM -0500, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:42:48 PM Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > > As far as what you do next, it should be sufficient to have him swap
> > > '-lstdc++' for '-static-libstdc++' and then rebuild.  That should get
> > > you a working binary.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > The programmer did what you suggested and that binary works for me on my
> > Jessie system.
>
> That is excellent news.
>
> > Eventually I will try it on my Wheezy system.
>
> I would not expect that to work because of the outdated glibc.  You
> would need to use a newer gcc on wheezy or take some other steps to
> ensure that building on a newer system does not pull in newer glibc
> symbols that do not exist on wheezy.

Ok, you're right, it doesn't work on Wheezy, but for now, I'm not worried
about that, I'll just do "testing" on my Jessie system.

The errors are slightly different (which is what you expected), this time I
see:

rhk@s19:/rhk/downloads2/Scintilla_Dusan$ SciTE
SciTE: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found
(required by SciTE)
SciTE: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found
(required by SciTE)

These missing symbols (iiuc) are different than the ones that were originally
missing -- originally the missing ones (on Wheezy) were:

`GLIBCXX_3.4.19'
`GLIBCXX_3.4.20'
`GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
`CXXABI_1.3.8'