Progress (was: Re: Recommendation for Virtual Machine and Instructions to set it up?)

On Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:42:48 PM Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> As far as what you do next, it should be sufficient to have him swap
> '-lstdc++' for '-static-libstdc++' and then rebuild.  That should get
> you a working binary.

Thanks!

The programmer did what you suggested and that binary works for me on my
Jessie system.  Eventually I will try it on my Wheezy system.

I do plan to continue with some of the other suggestions made in this thread
(like the ones to create a chroot and then compile there, and then maybe to
play with some virtual machines).

My next step is to play with that executable and confirm that it performs as
expected.

As a side note (and with no good reason to post this here) -- back in the day
I used to do all kinds of things with computers (at least, the kinds of things
I needed to do for one reason or another, including things related to my job),
now I find that learning and trying new things is often a stressful experience
(which, among other things, leads to bad eating habits).

I need to learn to change that, somehow.