Re: Progress (was: Re: Recommendation for Virtual Machine and Instructions to set it up?)

On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 01:47:44PM -0500, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:42:48 PM Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > As far as what you do next, it should be sufficient to have him swap
> > '-lstdc++' for '-static-libstdc++' and then rebuild.  That should get
> > you a working binary.
>
> Thanks!
>
> The programmer did what you suggested and that binary works for me on my
> Jessie system.

That is excellent news.

> Eventually I will try it on my Wheezy system.

I would not expect that to work because of the outdated glibc.  You
would need to use a newer gcc on wheezy or take some other steps to
ensure that building on a newer system does not pull in newer glibc
symbols that do not exist on wheezy.

Regards,

-Roberto

--