OT(?) question {Re: Recommendation for Virtual Machine and Instructions to set it up?}

On 12/06/2018 09:42 PM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
[snip]  In my experience, the weakest area
for nearly every programmer I meet is build systems.  Interestingly
enough, I lectured in class today and build systems and their
importance.  This is a case where understanding some of the "extras"
that many other programmers either overlook or do not have to deal with
is key to solving the problem.

I've been casually following this thread which has marginally touched on various problems I encounter.

What is the title of your course and/or heading of the section you are currently covering. I'm looking for key words for a web search.

I've minimal formal Comp Sci background but date back to 026 keypunch and line printers being standard I/O. I find key word searches valuable in tying together bits and pieces of decades of experience.

TIA