Re: librecad

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 19:46:42 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 06 December 2018 17:48:21 hdv@gmail wrote:
>

> > Some time ago I tried LibreCAD as well and soon had to conclude
> > there were too many issues with it to proceed. Meanwhile I've
> > adopted QCAD (the Pro version)

I've found a couple of things that aren't quite right in LibreCAD, but
not serious ones. I used the free QCAD up to the point of the fork, and
it was really quite buggy for a long time. The zoom went wild at some
magnifications, among other things. I jumped to LibreCAD when it
appeared and I'm reasonably happy with it. All the bad QCAD bugs were
fixed long ago, and I would assume they are fixed in QCAD now, if only
by porting from LibreCAD. I do only use it occasionally, maybe twelve
hours a year, so it may be much more irritating to a heavy user.

> And that I'd assume is not in the repo's for wheezy.  I have looked
> at the earlier version that is in the repos and found it much more
> confusing, to the point I'd be doomed from the gitgo. And I'd still
> have to write the gcode to make it.

Is there no way you can get hold of, say, an old laptop and run unstable
just for this? Version 2.1.3 currently. My poor little nine-year-old
netbook was just about useable for this when hooked up to a large
screen, though it's got stretch on it at the moment. Stretch apparently
has 2.1.2 and I don't recall much major happening in the last year or
two, well, let's say I haven't noticed anything new or fixed. (edit)
looking at the changelog, there doesn't seem like anything that I would
notice, I'm on Qt 5.11 but I wouldn't build from source.

--
Joe