Re: Recommendation for Virtual Machine and Instructions to set it up?

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 22:37:51 -0500
rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

> Of course, looking at what you did, maybe I should get the source of
> his changes and then try compiling it myself (in a sid chroot).

If you're on sid, you may need to be a little more careful,
particularly with kernels. Years ago (it may be better now) I found
that the latest sid kernel was often not compatible with the sid
virtualbox kernel modules, they took a while to catch up. You may need
to hang on to older kernels for a while. The same kind of thing seemed
to apply to new sid kernels and the vb guest extras on Windows, if
you're doing sid-in-Windows.

--
Joe