Re: librecad

On 12/6/18 11:31 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> The librecad in the debian repos for wheezy is nearly a decade old,
> v-1.02. There are V2-* stuff that still runs on QT4 some of which is
> already installed.
>
> Is there a repo where I can source a newer version than 1.02 without
> destroying my system?
>
> 1.02 is so old the u-tube tuts are nearly worthless, yet it shows promise
> of being able to lay out a boxes rear panel with 13 connections thru it.
> which is what I am trying to do.
>
> Or is there an even better 2d app for such?
>
> Thanks everybody.

Hai Gene,

Some time ago I tried LibreCAD as well and soon had to conclude there were too
many issues with it to proceed. Meanwhile I've adopted QCAD (the Pro version)
and I am quite happy with it. I've been drawing some fairly complex stuff with
it (industrial machinery) and have been able to do almost everything I needed it
to do. Mind you it is 2D only, but as far as I can remember the same was true of
LibreCAD.

I think it might not satisfy the DFSG, as there are proprietary modules in it,
but most of the code is licensed under GPLv3.

Grx HdV