Looking for a "friendly" e-mail service

(I know this is not Debian specific, but I think it is useful info for the
members of the list.)

Admittedly, I'm spoiled.  I've had a static IP and my own domain for nearly 15
years.  I set up a mailserver which has run without missing a beat in all that
time.

It is time for me to give the static IP back and stop being my own e-mail
service.  I'm moving from my static IP to Verizon FIOS, but I don't think that
really matters.

Now, I don't like the webmail interfaces and the limited storage for old
emails that the big players (gmail, yahoo,etc) use.  I like to download and
process the email locally using either kmail or thunderbird (doesn't matter
which to me.  I have experience with both.)

If you know of an e-mail service that allows me  POP3 and SMTP connections,
would you please post it in a reply.

Thank you for any suggestions,

Mark
--
Why are games that any fool can play the best sellers?