Re: VLC doesn't shutdown when closed

On 2018-11-26, Martin <keine-eile@online.de> wrote:
> Am 21.11.18 um 02:29 schrieb Gary Dale:
>> I'm running Debian/Buster with a Plasma 5 desktop. After I close a VLC session, the program continues to lurk in the process list until I send it the Kill signal. This is annoying because VLC stops the screen saver / session locker from kicking in while it is active so I have to bring up the System Activity monitor to check for and kill all the VLC processes.
>>
>> Note that just ending the process doesn't work. I need to send the Kill signal.
>
> Go to Preferences -> Interface -> Show settings -> All ---> Interface
> -> Uncheck 'Run as deamon process'.

I checked that setting, began watching a video, then clicked the upper
right-hand 'X' of the latter's graphical window (which I believe is the
OP's customary modus operandi).

I didn't get any zombie or supernumerary process, though; vlc shutdown
cleanly and completely.

--
He used sentences differently from any other prose writer. He always sounded
like a slightly drunk man who is very melancholy, who has no illusions about