Re: Looking for a "friendly" e-mail service

Mark writes:
> If you know of an e-mail service that allows me  POP3 and SMTP connections,
> would you please post it in a reply.

Newsguy.com

I've been using them for more than ten years with no problems.  They
have spam filtering which you can turn off.  They also have a Webmail
interface but you don't have to use it.  I pay them an annual fee so I
am a customer, not a set of "eyeballs" to be marketed.

I download my mail with Fetchmail which hands it off to Exim for local
delivery ("local" meaning on this machine).  I selected "smarthost" when
installing Exim so it connects to Newsguy for all outgoing mail (and
accepts no incoming connections).  This is a standard Debian
configuration.

Kmail and Thuderbird will work fine with Newsguy, of course.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com