Re: VLC doesn't shutdown when closed

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 12:11:42 -0500
Gary Dale <garyndp@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Gary,

>Moreover I will note that this is a new behaviour. I've been using VLC
>for a long time and this behaviour is not normal for it.

It /might/ be just you, Gary:

Using VLC here, and closing without stopping video playback, clicking
the close gadget (top right of window) VLC shuts down, and leaves no
trace of having been run.  IOW, there's no task left showing in the
activity monitor -  in fact, it's entirely possible to watch the monitor
showing VLC shutting down cleanly.

What happens when/if you move the existing config file out of the way?

--
 Regards  _
It's only bits of plastic, lines projected on the wall