Re: I may volunteer to be a package maintainer

	Hi.

On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 03:04:39PM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 04:54:13PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> > 	Hi.

> > Works in QEMU with couple hiccups. Emulation speed is slow though.
>
> Besides, there are a few nifty tools which manage all of that
> stuff nicely for you (including QEMU). Have a go at schroot:
> it allows to cross build packages for other arches (and versions)
> in a lightweight manner, as long as your host kernel doesn't diverge
> too much from your target's.

To be frank, even QEMU user-level emulation is too heavy for this.
Cross-compilation is a way to go here, but it has its limitations
(cross-building QT packages is close to impossible).

Besides, last time I've checked, Debian project provides packages that
built on real hardware only. Don't know if this rule applies to
maintainers or not.

Reco