Re: debian-9.5.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso missing files for install without mirror

Pascal Hambourg wrote:
>Le 04/11/2018 à 14:52, Steve McIntyre a écrit :
>> Pascal Hambourg wrote:
>> In article <[🔎] d495e992-2b66-2ecf-6219-6f8c157b7424@plouf.fr.eu.org> you write:
>>> Le 04/11/2018 �  01:23, Steve McIntyre a �©crit� :

>>> Do you mean that all packages with Priority: standard and their
>>> dependencies are supposed to be present in installation CD images ?
>>
>> Correct. That's part of the design. It works well, until reality
>> changes underneath us like this. :-)
>
>Well, if I am counting right, this is not true for the multi-arch
>netinst image :
>- 85 packages found in the main section for i386.
>- Only 43 packages found in the multi-arch CD image main section.
>
>Is it an exception because a netinst image is not supposed to be used
>without a mirror ?

Sorry, netinsts are special - they only contain the installer and the
base system and a *very* limited set of extra packages that are
hand-configured.

The base system will end up overlapping a little with Priority:
standard (the 43 you've seen). That's all. You still get a basic
useful system with a netinst only, but it won't have all of "Standard"
included.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html