Re: debian-9.5.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso missing files for install without mirror

On 11/3/18 5:23 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
And it's clearly not obvious to all users that security.d.o will be
automatically added just because the new installation can see a
network. It makes sense from a security POV, but...

+1

I view the fact that the d-i couldn't obtain a security update package to be
a defect in the Debian security package distribution chain.  If 'apt-get
update' finds that a security update package is available and the d-i wants
to install that package, then 'apt-get update' must be able to download that
package.  Which package do I file a bug report against?

There is no defect in the security package distribution chain. mutt is
not part of the Xfce or standard utilities tasks. The installer had no
business attempting to install it.

So, I file a bug report against d-i?

Not in my opinion.

Not against d-i, no. As I just wrote elsewhere, it looks like a bug in
the security.d.o infrastructure. I'm chasing that now.

Thank you.

David