Re: Sid: NFS after upgrade [solved] please fix /etc/init.d/rpcbind

On 2018-10-28 14:47 +0000, Grzesiek Sójka wrote:

> On 10/28/18 11:27 AM, Grzesiek Sójka wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I just upgraded Sid and now I get the following during boot:
>>
>> [....] Configuring network interfaces.../etc/init.d/rpcbind: 42:
>> /etc/init.d/rpcbind: stat: not found
>> /run/rpcbind not owned by root failed!
>> Starting NFS common utilities: statd
>> Not starting: portmapper is not running ... (warning).
>> mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
>> mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
>> mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
>> mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
>> done.
>> [ ok ] Starting RPC port mapper daemon: rpcbind.
>> [ ok ] Starting NFS common utilities: statd.
>
> The problem is caused by wrong setting of the PATH variable during the
> execution of the /etc/init.d/rpcbind script. The new version uses stat
> binary which is located in /usr/bin but the PATH is set to
> PATH='/sbin:/bin'.

This leaves the question why PATH is set that way.

> As a workaround I added PATH="$PATH:/usr/bin" to
> /etc/init.d/rpcbind. It works fine now.
>
> Please fix init scripts.

Wouldn't it be better to fix the init system that sets such a bad
default PATH?  Whatever init system that may be - sysv-rc's
/etc/init.d/rc script sets PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin, so this
should not happen with sysvinit + sysv-rc.  What init system do you use?

Cheers,
       Sven