Re: Upset with debian performance

Dear Joe,

On 13/10/18 13:46, Joe wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 12:55:47 +0400
> Jerome BENOIT <calculus@rezozer.net> wrote:
>
>> Dear Mask,
>>

>> this is a User list.
>>

>> Feel free to submit relevant bug reports to the package maintainers,
>> or event far better to provide patches to fix the issues.
>>

> Dear Jerome,
>
> This is a user list.

I understood that.

> I've dabbled with programming for forty-five years, and written a few
> bits of firmware for PIC microcontrollers. I'll submit bug reports, and
> I have submitted quite a few, but I would not feel qualified to write
> code for Debian. Particularly in C, which I haven't touched for at
> least twenty years. It is unsafe to assume that all Debian *users* are
> professional C programmers.

I understand that that all Debian users are not familiar with C,
hence the `even better' (that I understood as a possibility: `if you can do it (time+skill+...), please do it').
Anyway, good bug reports at the relevant place are better that complains at the wrong place.

I also understand that the issue with FireFox in Stable is recent (and came from security):
please give a chance to the involved maintainers to fix it.

The issue bother me too, BTW.

Cheers,
Jerome

--
Jerome BENOIT | calculus+at-rezozer^dot*net
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=calculus@rezozer.net