Re: Upgrading with a low data cap

On 10/08/2018 06:23 PM, David wrote:
On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 at 06:25, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

I have no LAN.

I've a low cap.

Using the word "cap" suggests that you have an internet service provider.

True

How do you connect to that service provider?

The same way as for decades via a "modem" (quotation marks significant).
That was not how my ISP describes it. T-mobile sells it as a WiFi Hotspot which is served by the cell network [the WiFi is turned off]. When my former ISP discontinued dial-up service I chose not to use a connection that physically restricted me to a physical point of service.

What is the make and model of the equipment that provides the connection
to that service provider?

The manufacturer is Alcatel. No model number is visible.

How do you connect your computer to that equipment?

USB port.

How many ethernet ports, if any, does that equipment have?

None.