Re: question about ls

On 28-09-2018, at 17h 52'07", Richard Hector wrote about "Re: question about ls"

> Eww. Tab completion also gets screwed up by this:
>
> richard@zircon:~/test$ rm <tab>
> file  is    one   this
>
> .. but you can't actually complete from any of those.

Hi,

I am not a bash user, but if I try what you suggest, Richard, I see
the file as "this^Jis^Jone^Jfile" with tab completion (on one line).

Ionel

P.S. What doesn't mean the $'foo\nbar' construction? In tcsh it says
"Illegal variable name." and in history it is recalled as $\'foa\nbar'
instead. I see that ksh also behave as bash with this $'foo\nbar'
entity.