question about ls

can ls show number of items in a folder?
Thanks!

On Wednesday, September 26, 2018 4:51 AM, Gary Dale <garyndp@gmail.com> wrote:

For the last few days, some Scribus documents I work with have stopped
accepting PDF files within image frames. Prior to this, they would
display a preview. Now new image frames that I create show just the file
name, but some older frames within the document still show the preview.

When I export the document as a PDF, the frames that just display the
file name export as empty/blank. The older frame that shows a preview
causes the export to stop with an error saying it was unable to load the
image.

I'm not sure if this is related to something in the PDFs or not. However
it is happening on two documents I am working on.