Re: Distinguish instances of GUI file manager by color

Richard Owlett composed on 2018-09-26 06:47 (UTC-0500):

> On my laptop the default font size is unsuitably small.
> A quick web search revealed that is not a mc parameter.
> It is a function of the terminal emulator used. I have a MATE desktop.
> How do I determine what terminal emulator is in use?

Open the TE first, then do 'mc'. Open as many as you have TEs, and more.

mc is an "OFM" http://www.softpanorama.org/OFM/Paradigm/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_manager#Orthodox_file_managers

I always have multiple mc instances open. I normally have a filecommander
instance open too, filling one virtual desktop. http://silk.apana.org.au/fc.html
Font in it is handled by its own ini file, as are its row and column counts. It
has two different sets of directory hotkeys, one "permanent", one history-based.

In Linux, fc & mc are the only file managers I use. Both are heavily used.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/