Re: Distinguish instances of GUI file manager by color

On 09/26/2018 05:26 AM, Dan Purgert wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
[...]
Suggestions?
Is it even possible?

Never seen that myself.  Wouldn't know where to start, honestly --
perhaps skipping the GUI would be a better option -- maybe something
like mc or one of the other terminal-based managers would be more what
you're looking for?

I mean, mc will do side-by-side of a pair of directories OOTB.

Hmmm. It may be GUI-enough for my purposes.
http://midnight-commander.org/ describes it as "GNU Midnight Commander is a visual file manager...". Section 3 - Mouse of http://midnight-commander.org/wiki/doc/faq hints that it may perhaps have enough mouse functionality (enough qualifiers ;).

Also your phraseology joggled my thought process. Perhaps "file manager" hints at much more power than I need. I only wish to _move_ files. Which got me thinking that Tcl/Tk may be appropriate. I'll experiment with mc first.

Thank you.