Re: [OT] Best (o better than yahoo) mail provider for malinglists

On Tue, 2018-08-28 at 21:33 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 22:23:46 +0200
> Stefan Krusche <linux@stefan-krusche.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Stefan,
>
> > have to log in via their website interface to free them out of the
> > spam
> > folder to be able to download them with my precious email client.
> > I've

That's the fault of your email client or methodology, rather than GMX.
Mine has the spam folder available on the client where they can be
viewed, moved or deleted - Evolution/IMAP

> Is it not possible to whitelist the addresses?
>
> > recently started to think this provider *wants* me to have to log
> > in
> > and use the website
>
> Of course they do.

I've only had to log in once this year and that was for an upload into
my music folder. While I'm sure they would love you to log in and see
the 'adds' they provide, they never _require_ me to do so.