Re: [OT] Best (o better than yahoo) mail provider for malinglists

I would suggest looking for somebody who runs Sympa.

Open source, well supported, more "industrial strength" than Mailman (designed for universities, supporting lots of lists).

I've been running it on our servers, for at least a decade (who's counting) - it's rock solid, well supported by both a core team (at Renater - the French Research & Education Network), and a larger community.  (For example, a patch for DMARC came out almost immediately.  It took a lot longer for a mailman patch to show up, and even longer for it to make into the standard release).  Also, Sympa is built around a database, mailman isn't - makes a difference for folks running multiple lists.  Lots more things that can be customized.

There's a list of hosting providers at https://www.sympa.org/users/custom - but they're mostly in France.  You might have to do a little hunting - or post on the sympa users list.

There's also Groupserver (http://groupserver.org) - a rather interesting package that does a good job of melding traditional lists, with a web-based forum interface.  It's open source, with hosting available - from a small group in New Zealand.  It has a bit of traction in the "electronic democracy" community.

Miles Fidelman