Re: [OT] Best (o better than yahoo) mail provider for malinglists

On 28/08/2018 17:12, Francesco Porro wrote:
Ciao,

As a member of this mailing list, I have a little (OT) question for you:
which is the best free email service around to receive mailing lists?

I cannot personally recommend any free, proprietary email service providers.

Instead I'd say that running your own mail server would be best for this, assuming you have some kind of always-on connection with a static IP you can utilise.

Although incoming spam is a potential problem the real difficulties with running your own mail server in my opinion are (a) maintaining deliverability of outgoing mail and (b) making sure you're not relaying spam. Keeping software and configuration up to date is important. However, in the sort of scenario you describe, you might not need to use your mail server for outgoing mail which could simplify things. Ideally you could use your ISP's or domain provider's mail server for outgoing mail whilst directing incoming mail for your domain to your own server. (I should add that using your own domain is always wise, rather than relying on service providers' email addresses).

Learning how to do all this could involve a learning curve but it's entirely feasible.

--
Mark Rousell