Re: Wanted - Debian(preferred)/Linux handheld

On 08/21/2018 02:35 PM, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 12:29 PM Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

I also stated I wished to avoid Amazon and Ebay.
  From when they both first opened I couldn't figure what there role is
in a transaction like this.

I would think that "profiteering-middleman" fits Amazon and Ebay here.
Apparently they don't make your life sufficiently easier to justify
the pound of flesh nearest
your heart (I mean, the profit margin...) as they do for most others.
All the hippies would
be around your age now, right? FYI that wasn't a value judgement....

I be of that generation, but not of them <grin>
My problem with their model is I don't know whom I dealing with.
Locally we have brick-n-mortar dens renting space o entrepreneur.
If you see something you pay landlord. WHO is responsible for customer satisfaction and/or import licenses etc.

If you wish to use a device in USA, it at minimum must meet UL and FCC regs. I was on the supplier end of that chain and doubt things have become less onerous ;/ Also who is responsible for meeting import regs and fees.

I have additional concerns. But covers High points.