Re: Wanted - Debian(preferred)/Linux handheld

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 3:09 PM Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> I be of that generation, but not of them <grin>

Nonsense. The right-wing result was inherent in hippieness too.
Look at America.

> If you wish to use a device in USA, it at minimum must meet UL and FCC
> regs. I was on the supplier end of that chain and doubt things have
> become less onerous ;/ Also who is responsible for meeting import regs
> and fees.

I worked next door to UL Labs north of Chicago. I'm glad they do what they do.
We have only the insurance companies to protect us (hah) from
defective products.
We won't need regulations when all businessmen are angels :-D