Re: Disable new feature on Jessie / KDE 4.14.2

On 8/16/18, Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 12:28:07 -0400
> rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hello rhkramer@gmail.com,
>
>>There is a new (to me) feature on my Jessie / KDE 4.14.2 which I do not
>>like and would like to disable -- I don't even know what to call it to
>>try googling
>
> Not sure what to call them either.  Gestures, maybe.  However....
>
> To disable them, go to KDE's Settings, Workspace, Desktop Behaviour,
> Screen Edges(1).  There, you'll find a black monitor image with selection
> boxes at each corner and middle of each edge.  You can (de)select the
> one(s) you want.  Click Apply and you're done.
>
> (1) At least that's where it is in KDE5/Plasma.  Shouldn't be too
> different in KDE4.

I knew that would happen. I wrote out something but knew someone would
probably respond with something good in between. :)

How about "tooltips" to describe those popups? Sounds like a visual
option that web browsers offer (sometimes). It's actually a nice,
*cognitively friendly* "accessibility" feature AS LONG AS those who
don't want it or don't need it are offered the *_CHOICE_* to turn it
off.....

My other thought was... does what you all are using offer you the
ability to at least define the percentage of space in between icons?

Or maybe does what you're using allow you the ability to throw, I
don't know... TEN hidden spaces, space bars, something like that in
between to force distance between the icons so that you don't get near
them unless you move the cursor on top of them on purpose? I've been
there, done that A LOT over the years.. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* I comment, therefore I am.... procrastinating asking big box store:
WHERE'S MY BIRDSEED?! *