Re: Slow boot

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 22:43:03 +0200
Johann Spies <johann.spies@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 17:18, Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm curious.  Did you just do a distribution upgrade on this laptop?
> > From what to what? Or was it a clean install? Or is it an old
> > install with everything working fine until now?
>
> I do regular dist-upgrades (testing) and have installed it as a new
> computer about two or three years ago.

Using Testing can be problematical as you've discovered. I'm assuming
that everything was working fine, then you did a dist-upgrade and the
long boot times began.  I'm also assuming that your notebook is set to
connect to a network at boot up.  So, turn off the wireless transceiver
(or disconnect your ethernet cable), reboot and see what happens.

Also, here's a link how best to install and use Testing like a
"rolling" release.  Something I do not recommend.

   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianTesting