Re: Problems with kernel 4.17.0-1-amd64

rv riveravaldez (2018-07-26):
> I'm having an audio issue with this same kernel: there's a permanent
> buzz that starts at soon as the system has loaded and only stops when
> I play some sound (any audio or video) or starts JACK (via qjackctl).

A lost interrupt like I suspected initially would not have had that
result. On the other hand, power saving on the sound controller can:
when it is powered down, interferences from the DC power supply can seep
in.

It could be that option power_save=0 to snd-hda-intel or whichever
module your particular sound controller helps.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George