Re: Problems with kernel 4.17.0-1-amd64

Nicolas George wrote:

> I am running testing on a fairly normal i3-based PC. Since yesterday, it
> is using the 4.17.0-1-amd64 kernel instead of 4.16.0-2-amd64, and I am
> experiencing the following two issues:
>
> The device for the audio controller takes about 0.3 seconds to open. I
> have just rebooted on 4.16, and with it the delay is imperceptible. (And
> yes, 0.3 seconds for that is a problem for me.) The audio device is
> listed as "ALC892 Analog".

Hi,
I am using debian stable with self compiled kernel. With 4.16.4 I had a
terrible experience with audio devices. I went back to 4.15.8 and just
recently installed 4.17.13. With 4.17.13 everything is fine.
I usually download the source and do
        cp <old_config> .config
        make oldconfig
        make deb-pkg
to produce the binaries.

You can check the kernel change log. IMO there must have been some work on
audio stack, but I did not look into the detail.

regards