Re: Problems with kernel 4.17.0-1-amd64

Le 11/08/2018 à 16:43, Nicolas George a écrit :

This one was fixed by adding this on the kernel command-line:

dm_mod.use_blk_mq=0 scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=0

It is possible that "ahci.mobile_lpm_policy=0" helps too, it was
suggested to me as a fix too and I have not yet tested without it, nor
with use_blk_mq in modprobe.d instead of the kernel command-line.

It would probably work too, but my advice is to stick with the kernel command line for the following reasons :

- it is more visible (/proc/cmdline, dmesg...) than an obscure file in /etc/modprobe.d/ and possibly the initramfs

- is can be easily edited at runtime in the boot loader

- it works even if the driver is built in the kernel image, while /etc/modprobe.d/ works only with modules

- if the module is included in and loaded by the initramfs, you must rebuild the initramfs after any change in /etc/modprobe.d/