Re: USB Host-Host cables

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 06:31:41AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
All computing objects on site physically have such a connector.
Are they connected to functional silicon?  ?? ??? ;/

What else would they be connected to? It's almost as though you're looking for problems. (LOL?)

IIUC there are two different types of connecting cables.
   [One is topological equivalent of null modem].
Which are present? WHO knows ;/

I'm pretty sure it's already been pointed out that's basically a historical curiosity as MDI-X is built into most gigabit ethernet implementations in the past 15 years.
All computing objects have physically accessible know functional USB ports.

Yes, and USB is designed to be a mechanism for attaching peripherals, not a multi-master communication bus.
I did my homework.
I discovered that USB-ethernet adapters existed.
That gave me a choice between *3* failure points [either converter PLUS cable] and *EXACTLY ONE* failure point [a USB master - USB master cable assembly].

That's your perspective (as someone who's stated that you have no experience at this). From the perspective of the people who tried to help you, you've chosen an obscure solution rather than a well-tested and well-documented solution for no apparent reason. (ROFL?) From the perspective of someone trying to learn something, you've chosen to learn an obscure special-purpose implementation rather than something that's fairly universal. (chuckle?)