Re: Brightness at 100% after every reboot.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:53:12AM +0200, Piotr wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> After upgrading to Stretch I have problem with the brightness of my LCD
> screen in laptop. After a reboot of the system I get 100% brightness,
> even if I set it up to like 50%. Where can I change this so the
> settings are preserved between the reboots?

Your desktop (Gnome, XFCE, KDE etc) should have a brightness app and
a session manager which, when you log out, knows to signal the apps
to store their relevant settings so that those settings are
re-applied when you next log in.

Another "problem" which can happen - if you set internal laptop LCD
to zero brightness, then suspend, then unsuspend, brightness in some
configs gets set back to 100% - but this is so that user knows to
enter e.g. password to unlock the screen, which might be challenging
if it is set to zero brightness...

Good luck,