Re: mdraid on SSD - use scterc?

On 06/16/18 22:22, Richard Hector wrote:
I've got a new server with 2 mdraid RAID 1 arrays - one on spinning disks, the other on SSDs. The spinners are set by default to use
ERC; the SSDs are not, but appear to support it.

Should I enable it on the SSDs?

Enabling SCT Error Recovery Control seems to be conventional and recommended for RAID, regardless of drive type (HDD or SSD) [1]. I have it enabled on the HDD's in my md array.

Or are they not prone to failure in
such a way that it would be useful?