Re: xdg-email config

On 2018-06-11, Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2018, Curt wrote:
>
>> You need to create a desktop file if one doesn't exist for your preferred
>> application.
>
>     thank you for your answer. I tried to create alpine.desktop
>     from thunderbird.desktop, but it seems that it's content is not so good:
>     instead of openning alpine, I get a browser screen.
>     Where can I find a template for alpine.desktop, or at least a decription
>     of the content of a .desktop file?
>
> best regards,

(Sent a post through gmane that never (hasn't) arrived, so,
once again et mille excuses pour l'éventuel doublon):

curty@einstein:~$ cat
/home/curty/.local/share/applications/alpine.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Name=alpine
Encoding=UTF-8
Comment=Simple text-based Mail User Agent
Comment[de]=Einfaches, Text-basiertes Mailprogramm
Type=Application
Exec=/usr/bin/alpine
Icon=utilities-terminal
Terminal=true
MimeType=x-scheme-handler/mailto;
Categories=Email;Office;Network

curty@einstein:~$ cat /usr/local/lib/alpine/mailto-alpine
#!/bin/bash
exec x-terminal-emulator -e alpine -url "$@"

(In Firefox, for example, you can then select 'mailto-alpine' as your
mailto mail app.)