Re: Correct: System Thinks Hardware Clock is UTC

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 09:55:42AM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
OS/2 and DOS AFAICT never got that option. A LAN that is a mix of LOCAL and UTC
isn't fun, especially with one or more that can't not, which is what I have with
a Linux STB providing no LOCAL option and multiple OS/2's providing no UTC
option.

I'm afraid I don't understand how things like old standalone boxes impact what makes sense going forward. You do understand that there's no relationship between the RTC clock and the displayed time? (That is, you can set the RTC to UTC and still interact with the system in local time.)

Mike Stone