Re: mkisofs (was: Installer image for installation via ssh)

On Thu 19 Apr 2018 at 19:32:13 +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
> > My memory this second is that the chatter went beyond just that
> > genisoimage was not being maintained,
>
> At least the last maintainer of genisoimage did not reveil himself as
> wearing that hat when he made a statement in this thread. So yes,
> genisoimage is obviously in post-maintainance mode.

Decorating the house here is in post-maintenance mode and has been
(like genisoimage) in that state for four years. If it is not broke,
why fix it? That's my excuse, but other users have a different view.

[...]

> Brian wrote:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/ManipulatingISOs
>
> This seems to be more modern than
> > > http://www.sgvulcan.com/2010/01/06/installing-debian-using-only-ssh/
> but still lacks the ISO preparations for booting via EFI.
> (The prescription to install "isolinux" can be replaced by the MBR
>  harvesting of "isohdpfx.bin" from the original ISO.)

You know what they say? - It's a wiki.

--
Brian.