Re: mkisofs (was: Installer image for installation via ssh)

Hi,

Brian wrote:
> Decorating the house here is in post-maintenance mode and has been
> (like genisoimage) in that state for four years. If it is not broke,
> why fix it? That's my excuse, but other users have a different view.

Well, genisoimage has some issues, among them those at
  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=genisoimage

But its main problem is that nobody wants to do work in its code, of which
Joerg Schilling claims intellectual ownership.
xorriso came to its job as producer of most Debian ISOs because i was
willing to work in libisoburn, which i founded myself.

> > > https://wiki.debian.org/ManipulatingISOs

> > still lacks the ISO preparations for booting via EFI.

> You know what they say? - It's a wiki.

Yeah. But one should rather consolidate the various wikis about that topic.
There is e.g.
  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify/CD
and chances are that one could find more of them.
This would need a plan and afterwards active maintainance.

That's why i propose file /.disk/mkisofs in the ISO as source of inspiration
about repacking that particular ISO.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas