Re: some questions about cfengine3

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 08:30:44PM +0200, deloptes wrote:
> I don't have experience with puppet.

I am in the process of migrating a Puppet setup that's been in use
and development for ~8 years to Ansible.

Although it is a fairly simple manifest, managing only 47 hosts, the
rate of change within the puppet project itself became too much for
me. The changing of the dsl syntax, directory layouts, binary names,
supported methods of running the master, language used to implement
the software, complex version dependencies between client and
server… I can't keep up with it. This may be a personal failing but
it's where I am now.

Puppet has definitely spoiled me because it's so powerful. Even
though what I'm doing with it is fairly simple and I'm not very far
into my migration I am finding things that are a little tricky to
express in Ansible. But each time I hit a bump I eventually get past
it, and the result is just simpler, so I am optimistic. I think/hope
that having only one environment to manage (the place that Ansible
runs from) will really help.

Cheers,
Andy