Re: Printing impossible

Logo Hypra 	JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ
102, rue des poissonniers, 75018, Paris
Tel : +331 84 73 06 61 <tel:+33184730661> Mob : +336 76 34 93 37
<tel:+33676349337>
jpmengual@hypra.fr <mailto:jpmengual@hypra.fr>
www.hypra.fr <http://www.hypra.fr/>
Facebook Hypra <https://www.facebook.com/hyprasoftware/> Twitter Hypra
<https://twitter.com/Hypra_> Linkedin Jean-Philippe
<https://fr.linkedin.com/in/jean-philippe-mengual-800133135>

Le 25/03/2018 à 19:05, Brian a écrit :
> On Sun 25 Mar 2018 at 11:29:38 +0200, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
>
>>> I'll add that I set up a queue with
>>>
>>>   lpadmin - p 1750 -v file:/dev/null -E -m drv:///splix-samsung.drv/ml1750.ppd
>>>
>>> and printed the test page from the CUPS web interface. All filters
>>> completed without any errors, as they do when cupsfilter was used with
>>> any file I threw at it. Not much use in my testing the Ghostscript
>>> command in that situation. The OP's experiences might be different, of
>>> course.
>>

>> I did all this. On http://demo.accelibreinfo.eu/error_log you have my
>> newest log, job 74 and 75. Still not printing.
>
> Are we to assume you did the following?
>
> 1. Set up a queue as shown above. (There is no output because it goes to
>    /dev/null).

With lpadmin, yes. And in Printers - Queue - Default options.

> 2. Print to it with 'lp -d /etc/services'.

I tried to print a test page. If I do lp -d /etc/services, I get "no
such file or dir". If I add a pdf file (lp -d /etc/services file.pdf" or
"lp file.pdf -d /etc/services", I get a similar error message.

> 3. Examine the error_log. Four filters are used. Do any of them fail?

Logs dont seem to say another error than the initial mail I posted,
"COuld not find default_gray.icc", and "Cannot find device profile".
Just some lines later however, I have "gstoraster filter stopped" with
status 1. So I would say this filter fails.

>> I add also that I think indeed it is a ghostscript problem, but changing
>> the commandline as suggested in the bug report is impossible for me as I
>> dont know how I could set cups to change the commandline it sends.
>
> Your three logs show gstoraster stopped, so spliX has no input from it
> to render. We can test the ghostscript command without doing anything to
> cups. The command is in your logs.
>
> gs -dQUIET -dPARANOIDSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dNOINTERPOLATE \
>    -dNOMEDIAATTRS -dShowAcroForm -sstdout=%stderr \
>    -sOutputFile=%stdout \   <----- Replace %stdout with out.ras.

Not sure I understood: I did: -sOutputFile=out.ras \

>    -sDEVICE=cups -r600x600 -dMediaPosition=1 -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595 \
>    -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=842 -dcupsBitsPerColor=1 -dcupsColorOrder=0 \
>    -dcupsColorSpace=3 -dcupsCompression=17 -scupsPageSizeName=A4 \
>    -I/usr/share/cups/fonts -c \
>    input.pdf
>
> I have removed the -c switch and its argument because the argument is
> interpreted as PostScript code and we are not inputting PostScript.
>
> I have also split the command to use short, readable lines; the "\"s
> have to be omitted when it is put on a single line.
>
> Before running the gs command we need an input.pdf which has been
> processed by cups. Do this:
>
> cupsfilter -p /etc/cups/ppd/Samsung.ppd -m application/vnd.cups-pdf /etc/services > input.pdf

ok many thanks. input.pdf processing (first command) gives:
  ./base/gsicc_manage.c:1148: gsicc_open_search(): Could not find
default_gray.icc
| ./base/gsicc_manage.c:1799: gsicc_set_device_profile(): cannot find
device profile
Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .putdeviceprops
Operand stack:
    true

> Also use any other PDF on your machine as input.pdf.

I get:
 ./base/gsicc_manage.c:1148: gsicc_open_search(): Could not find
default_gray.icc
| ./base/gsicc_manage.c:1799: gsicc_set_device_profile(): cannot find
device profile
Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .putdeviceprops
Operand stack:
    true

That is wh I reported to ghoscript before asking here.

> 'file out.ras' will identify out.ras as CUPS raster

oh ok  I understand better.

Best regards and many thanks for your help for this complex problem.