Re: Printing impossible

On Sun 25 Mar 2018 at 11:29:38 +0200, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:

> > I'll add that I set up a queue with
> >
> >   lpadmin - p 1750 -v file:/dev/null -E -m drv:///splix-samsung.drv/ml1750.ppd
> >
> > and printed the test page from the CUPS web interface. All filters
> > completed without any errors, as they do when cupsfilter was used with
> > any file I threw at it. Not much use in my testing the Ghostscript
> > command in that situation. The OP's experiences might be different, of
> > course.
>

> I did all this. On http://demo.accelibreinfo.eu/error_log you have my
> newest log, job 74 and 75. Still not printing.

Are we to assume you did the following?

1. Set up a queue as shown above. (There is no output because it goes to
   /dev/null).

2. Print to it with 'lp -d /etc/services'.

3. Examine the error_log. Four filters are used. Do any of them fail?

> I add also that I think indeed it is a ghostscript problem, but changing
> the commandline as suggested in the bug report is impossible for me as I
> dont know how I could set cups to change the commandline it sends.

Your three logs show gstoraster stopped, so spliX has no input from it
to render. We can test the ghostscript command without doing anything to
cups. The command is in your logs.

gs -dQUIET -dPARANOIDSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dNOINTERPOLATE \
   -dNOMEDIAATTRS -dShowAcroForm -sstdout=%stderr \
   -sOutputFile=%stdout \   <----- Replace %stdout with out.ras.
   -sDEVICE=cups -r600x600 -dMediaPosition=1 -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595 \
   -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=842 -dcupsBitsPerColor=1 -dcupsColorOrder=0 \
   -dcupsColorSpace=3 -dcupsCompression=17 -scupsPageSizeName=A4 \
   -I/usr/share/cups/fonts -c \
   input.pdf

I have removed the -c switch and its argument because the argument is
interpreted as PostScript code and we are not inputting PostScript.

I have also split the command to use short, readable lines; the "\"s
have to be omitted when it is put on a single line.

Before running the gs command we need an input.pdf which has been
processed by cups. Do this:

cupsfilter -p /etc/cups/ppd/Samsung.ppd -m application/vnd.cups-pdf /etc/services > input.pdf

Also use any other PDF on your machine as input.pdf.

'file out.ras' will identify out.ras as CUPS raster.

--
Brian.