Re: WTF does Firefox 58?

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 22:26:39 +0200
"Michelle Konzack" <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:

> Yesterday I was working on the website
> <https://www.miila-mahe-aed.eu/animals/dogs.html>
> and if I reload the page, Firefox is prefetching ALL HTML5 Videos!,
> mean 900 MByte!
>
> WTF is this?

One of the dumbest features modern browsers have integrated for some
reason.

> Prefetching videos without user knowledge is just terrorism!
> ...and there is no possibility in Firesuck to stop this.

Setting network.prefetch-next to false seems to be the first result on
looking up, but I presume that failed.

There may be something working along the lines of media.autoplay.enabled
or other "media." options. If those don't work nor anything in
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-making-automatic-connections,
you might need to disable video support. All of it. Yeah, it sucks.

> Thanks in advance

Good luck.