Re: Wheezy to Stretch

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 03:40:51 PM Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> On 02/21/2018 10:47 AM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > Note that upgrades skipping a release (e.g., wheezy -> stretch instead
> > of wheezy -> jessie -> stretch) are not supported. A fresh install
> > sounds like the better route in this case.

> I know what I'm talking about and if I can do it anybody can do it,
> Debian has given us all the tools we need to upgrade any stable release
> to current stable release or higher for that matter, thank about it.
> Just start with a simple upgrade first before tackling the other things,
> it's not rocket science after all.

And what if their system has slightly different hardware or some other
difference such that your advice doesn't work?  (AFAICT, the fact that Debian
does not support an upgrade skipping a release means that little or no testing
has been done and there is an indeterminate amount of risk.)

Will you stand behind the upgrade, and fix his system if there is a problem?
(Site visits are usually not cheap.)