Re: troubleshooting Kmail

On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:07:29 AM EST deloptes wrote:
> Hi,

<<<snip>>>
> [...]
> > version
> > of kmail (5.5.2) is that an occasional "ghost" message will be in a folder
> > and
> > can't be removed.  I store emails locally via IMAP--one message per
> > file--and
> > except for the ghosts, I am extremely pleased.  I currently have over
> > 126,000
> > messages stored and about 8 "ghost" messages.  I searched through the
> > individual files that contain the e-mails and I can't find files for the
> > ghost
> > messages.
> >

> > If the attitude of the KDE folks is the problem, please remember that they
> > are
> > not full time KDE programmers and customer service is probably not their
> > strong suit.
>
> Look, either something works or does not work. Those bugs and KDE not
> fixing them is not acceptable.
> I know that they are not working full time or for profit. This is also not
> an excuse. Don't try to cover them and their attitude, please.
> It is pointless. When they bring up a working product, I will start using
> it and I mean working at acceptable level.
> Those problems you or others describe can not qualify the product as stable.
> I am willing to do some compromise on my requirements, but there is too
> much to compromise on, looking at KDE.
> And as I said - the biggest problem is their attitude. The attitude to
> release crap in stable and call it stable - call it whatever you want but
> not stable!
>
> > I don't know if you consider this a valid comparison or not, but:
> > In October 2017 (as I recall), my bank (which shall remain nameless)
> > announced
> > that there would be a new version of the on-line access software coming
> > out on
> > January 1st.  Then, around January 10th they announced that the upgrade
> > had
> > some unresolved issues, and would not be rolled out until February 1st.
> > February 1st arrived and passed.  The new software was put in place on the
> > 12th.  Since then, I have been unable to login to my account.  No help on
> > the
> > screen.  When I called last week, they said that they were ware of the
> > problem
> > and were working very hard to resolve it.  No apology.  They can tell me
> > my
> > balance over the phone, but that is about it.  IMO, this is absurd.
> >
> > Well this is what I am talking about - KDE is exactly the same - absurd!
>
> I have to admit that KDE5 is much better that KDE4, but still - no stable
> and with that attitude and mind set, I doubt they will ever bring up
> something stable, which is really a pity.
>
> I was involved in couple of discussions with them back in 2007 or 2008
> after they released the KDE4 crap. Can you imagine this was 10y ago.

Deloptes,

I respect your opinion, and the many contributions that you have made to this
list.  You and I have both been more than annoyed with bad attitudes, you with
KDE me with my bank.  I pointed out the problem that I had and how it has been
mishandled, IMO. You mentioned "those bugs" but you haven't given specific
examples.  Please give the examples.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Its not whether you win or lose, its how you place the blame...