Re: [likely out of luck] was -- Re: Using MATE's workspaces effectively

On Friday, February 16, 2018 10:33:01 PM Richard Owlett wrote:
> Both are good descriptions of what I want.
> If it cannot be done in MATE, is there another desktop or approach that
> will accomplish my goal?
> TIA

As long as we are talking about icons on the desktop (instead of, for example,
menu items on the toolbar) I believe you can do it in kde (as in kde4 on
Wheezy).  I don't do it, but I just did a quick experiment--I put an icon on
one desktop, I might have selected some sort of option (what can I say, I'm
getting old and I have a headache--my short term memory is sometimes very bad)
and it now appears on only one of my 8 desktops.

If you are seriously interested in trying kde, let me know, and I'll
experiment a little more and give you more detailed instructions.