Re: libgparted bug.

On Monday 12 February 2018 17:29:58 David Wright wrote:

> On Mon 12 Feb 2018 at 15:32:50 (-0500), Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > Sound advice.

> > > No package in Debian reverse depends on it; it would have to be
> > > explicitly installed. Gene Heskett put it there; Gene Heskett can
> > > take it away.
> >
> > And that prompted me to go take a look in /var/cache/apt/archives,
> > and its there, showing as version 0.0.22_all.deb, dated 8 August
> > 2011, which would have to about the time this install was done, from
> > a customized version of wheezy compiled by the linuxcnc guys as an
> > installer .iso.
>
> I'm so glad you've resolved your problems, and am sorry that my
> suggestions regarding usbmount and the DE weren't of any help
> with your version of linux.
>
> Do note that the timestamps on the packages in /var/cache/apt/archives
> are when they were made, not when they were downloaded and installed,
> in case you should ever find yourself needing to rely on them.
> Unfortunately the history logs in /var/log/apt/ only span a year
> unless log rotation has been stopped or reconfigured by the LCNC team.

Or me.  ;-) I have moved some of the logs the system keeps of stuff that
runs as me to /home/gene/logs, which avoids all the permission bull crap
when I want to tail a log to see how things are working, then I trained
logrotate to handle them there. Lots less trouble over the long haul.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)