Re: libgparted bug.

On Monday 12 February 2018 02:17:23 deloptes wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> TDE has support channels. People there are far more likely to be
> >> familiar with wheezy (unsupported on Debian) and their own packages
> >> (not in Debian) and any automounting issues.
>
> there is no automount - Gene might remove usbmount package and see if
> this helps. The package is not  required by any TDE package.
> In Stretch TDE  would sense the plugged usb and list it unmounted.
> User may click on the item and it will mount. I never experienced
> automount.

I have restored everything that I played with in the udev dept. And
re-enabled usbmount in its config, exactly as installed originally.

I have unmounted both visible partitions of this sd card, and they have
not remounted in several hours, no little arrow point beside the two
icons. But I just pulled the card reader out of the 4 port usb hub
laying here with the keyboard and mouse dongles plugged into it. Icons
gone in miliseconds.

Plug it back in and it only takes 4 or 5 seconds for both icons to
re-appear, mounted at /media/usb0 and /media/usb1.
gene@coyote:~/rock64.imgs$ ls /media/usb0
dtb  extlinux  Image  initrd.img
gene@coyote:~/rock64.imgs$ ls /media/usb1
bin  boot  dev  etc  home  lib  lost+found  media  mnt  opt  proc  root
run  sbin  srv  sys  tmp  usr  var

That 32GiB card had a new stretch-minimal-rock64-0.5.15-136-arm64.img
written to it as I was leaving for and appointment with a vampire at my
local clinic this  morning, as my shaman wanted a fresh blood panel.

> > Their mailing list turned into a black hole around 9 months back.
> >  And I'm subscribed.
>
> I don't know what you mean, but I read and post to both lists
> (user/devel)

I have seen your posts there in the past. What is the valid address of
that list today, perhaps its been moved from the original at
pearsoncomputing and I missed the memo?

> Unfortunately I upgraded long time ago from jessie to stretch and
> don't know whats the status with wheezy.

I am still getting regular updates of all of it (TDE and Wheezy) via
synaptic. This and the dell on my g0704 are the only 2 with horsepower
enough to spare to run kde/tde. Everything else is running xfce or lxde.
Not impressed with lxde.

> regards

Thanks Deloptes.

--