Re: libgparted bug.

On Fri 09 Feb 2018 at 12:34:05 (-0500), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 09 February 2018 11:50:46 David Wright wrote:

> > > I killed udev for /dev/sdd, gparted works now. But I really need a
> > > quicker way than editing a udev rule. I wonder if I could make udev
> > > aware that gparted was running.  That would be ideal. So would
> > > meaningfull gparted error reporting without having to wade thru a
> > > kilobyte of (spit) html. I'm going back to bed...
> >
> > Would I be write in thinking that killing sdd just there prevents the
               ↑ I'll write "correct" next time. You'd think I, of all
                 people, could spell that word.

> > appearance of /dev/disk/by-{this,that and the other} appearing also?
> >
> It must be doing an end run by that means. Can that be fixed too?

Circumvent what by what? Are those files there or not? I don't know
what you mean by "fixing" until you say whether they're there and
whether they're desired.

> > Do you run with a DE? What would happen if you tried all this in a VC
> > before starting X? My experience of wheezy, jessie (which you're
> > running?) and stretch is that nothing has ever automounted itself
> > unless I boot from a live stick. But I only run fvwm.
> >
> This machine is running TDE as its x-gui, r14.0.5 it says.

Well, isn't that why things get automounted, then? ISTR people doing
similar battles when their disc burners tried to automount blank discs.
You had to turn it off somewhere.

Cheers,
David.